Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Show-Off: Big-Holed Beads!

As beads are what first attracted me to lampwork, I must stay true to my roots.  This weekend, I worked on new color combinations and have a kiln full of wavy beads to show later.  For now, let's look at a few new big-holed beads (the ones fitting Pandora, Chamilia, Trolll bracelets, etc.):

If you can make that first bead in the session, you may make many others.  This bead is made from one of my favorite color blends with red and purple.  At the very least, that one bead needs some company!

You get on a roll, and start making many new beads.  Nowadays, I wonder who will receive the beads I work on, and if they will be used in some fantastic creation.  Even by themselves, they are focally attractive to me :)

Before you notice, you haven't eaten for a few hours, your throat is dry, and the kiln is Chock FULL!  We realize our addiction and take the first step to moving on; admitting we have a bead problem!



Well, at least I know I'm hooked, I love beads! Stay tuned next week for new designs and colors, and some awesome focal beads coming soon to a photo near you. Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. They are GORGEOUS! I love the waves in them. I was hooked the moment I laid eyes on glass beads.

    ReplyDelete